Here's our 8 top planning tips!
- Create and keep a master task list [I love using a leather journal. I take it everywhere with me to capture my notes and thoughts!]. Write everything, personal and professional into your master task list.
- PAY [Prioritise Activities for Yield] from your Master Task List into your daily and weekly to-do-list. Estimate your available blocks of time and allocate tasks accordingly.
- Plan your breaks and reward time in your schedule so you don’t go stale; plan to enjoy yourself everyday.
- Discuss priorities with the people they affect; always keep the team informed of your progress and priorities. You may consider using a cloud based project management app so that your team can collaborate together in real time. Publicise your schedule so people know what you’re working on and prioritising.
- Devote less energy to non-critical tasks; stay focused on your goals. You cannot make more time; you can only take it away from less important tasks, so make sure you delegate or ditch non important tasks.
- Set deadlines before items are actually due; this way you stay in front and avoid any last minute panic.
- Plan 'chaos' time... expect the unexpected to happen everyday and plan for it. Build in fire breaks so you don't get behind and over commit.
- Learn to say 'No' so that you remain focused on achieving your goals.
To download a copy of the Scope Vision - Plan to Achieve! Be Awesome Planning Tools or to learn more on planning, visit the professional development area on our website or come join us at one of our up coming lunch and learns!